Having problems with your mouse in Linux?
If you have installed your own windowing package to operate on top of Linux or have uploaded your own virtual machine, sometimes you may experience an intermittent or a non-functioning mouse.
1. If you have uploaded a VM, make sure you have installed VMware tools (specifically the VMware mouse driver)
2. If you have installed your own windowing package to one of CloudShare’s base templates, VMware tools should already be installed.
3. Mouse acceleration or enhanced precision should be turned off
If your mouse is still not working properly, you may need to run the following commands to ensure the mouse driver is actually running and active:
1. $ cd /usr/share/X11/Xorg.conf.d
2. $ ln -s /usr/lib/vmware-tools/configurator/xorg.conf.d/vmmouse.conf vmmouse.conf