Currently there are two options available for assigning more secure passwords to your machines.
The first section of this post covers the automatic assignment of secure passwords which can only be used in machines that have VMware Tools installed. This password customization feature will automatically create unique random secure passwords for each user’s environments and the auto login feature (if enabled) will allow the users to seamlessly access machines without remembering and entering these unique passwords. CloudShare recommends this option if your machines have VMware Tools installed.
The second section of this post describes the requirements for manually assigning a more secure static password.
Automatic Assignment of a More Secure Password (Password Customization)
The following requirement must be met in order to use this option:
- VMware Tools installed
Enabling the Password Customization for your machines is divided into the following 3 parts:
- Enable Password Customization feature from the Environment Details.
- Enable Auto Login feature to use the automatically customized account.
- Take a snapshot to save and publish the changes for users by marking it as “Default” after verification and testing has been completed.
This short clip will provide a quick guidance on performing the Automatic Assignment of Secure Password
Manual Assignment of a Secure Static Password
The following criteria should be followed when choosing a static secure password:
- Be as long as possible (never shorter than 6 characters)
- Must include mixed-case letters
- Include digits and punctuation marks (@,#,&,],-,^,etc)
Changing the account password of your operating system is divided into the following three parts:
- Perform the password change directly on the guest operating system.
- Modify Environment Details to reflect the new password.
- Take a snapshot to save and publish the changes to users by marking it as “Default” after verification and testing has been completed.
This short clip will provide a quick guidance on performing the Manual assignment of Password