How to get rid of the following error in your SharePoint Web Application:
“The context has expired and can no longer be used”
I encountered this error a couple of times and decided to write a quick guide explaining the solution.
This error happens after opening SharePoint 2013 site. Sorry, something went wrong. The context has expired and can no longer be used. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090317)
- Open Central Administration -> Application Management.
- Locate the relevant web application and click on
- The Web Application General Setting window will open, notice that the Default Time Zone is missing
- Open the Date and Time options on your server and check that the time zone is configured.
- Return to Web Application General Settings and configure the time zone of your server.
- Perform iisreset
Hooray! Your SharePoint web application works again!