Setting up PerformancePoint
Hopefully someone will find this info useful:
I was running into problems setting up a BI site and have PowerPivot and Powerview working with my own content. I was trying to set-up some PerformancePoint content and could not create a datasource using Dashboard Designer.
Here were my steps:
- On RDP in the machine, I navigate to http://cNNNNNNNN/sites/BI/Pages/ppssample.aspx
- I click on the Run Dashboard Designer button
- Dashboard Designer comes up.
- I right-click on Data Source and select Create.
- Select Analysis Services and press OK
- I get an error saying PerformancePoint is not working.
The solution I found was this:
Central Admin > Application Management > Configure service application associations > default.
A modal popup should appear and PerformancePoint Services will be unchecked. Check that box and click OK.
Also see this MSDN post.
Please sign in to leave a comment.