Using Device Channels in SharePoint 2013
Answered

Comments

4 comments

  • Avatar
    Peter Franks

    Hi Stephane,

    I found the following information online that may help with configuring device channels:

    http://goo.gl/akUGz

    http://goo.gl/BvF3u

    The 500 errors you mention are interesting though. I suspect this may be related to settings in IIS and any authentication that may (or may not) be enabled for your site. The Web Access URL does not have any actual authentication of its own and acts as a simple proxy to pass through any requests to your server.

    Cheers! 

    I have seen similar issues resolved by enabling kerberos authentication and making sure that any users or anonymous logins are given correct permissions. Similarly, you may need to adjust the security settings of the local browser as well.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Stephane Eyskens

    Hi Scott,

    Thanks for your answer. I kwow about configuring the device channels. I've even been in touch with Waldek and I've done exactly what is required on the SharePoint side. Again, if I try from the host itself, the device channels work fine but using the web url, it fails.

    I tried with both anonymous and Claims. I guess that all CloudShare users will face this issue. How do you explain the 500 errors + the protocol violation thing?

    Could it be due to win server 2012? BTW, I checked SP ULS and the event viewer and could not find anything interesting! I could maybe retry on the demo env you put at our disposal but I already tried it so I might not be able anymore?

    Thanks

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Peter Franks

    Hi Stephane,

    Thanks for following up. Honestly, I am not too sure when it comes to some of the in-depth SharePoint issues but I will check with some of my contacts as well to see if they are familiar with this. As a side note, is the Web Access URL set up with our open ports in AAMs and IIS? It may just need to be assigned to ports 80, 443, 3695, 8000-8010 & 8080.

    Indeed it may also be a strange Server 2012/SP2013 issue as we have come across a few things that are simply not working yet. Yes, you can definitely continue to test different versions of the two Permalinked SP 2013 environments we have.  We also have a few in our Solution Showcase.  

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Stephane Eyskens

    Hi Scott,

    Thanks for your answer. This was an AAM issue. I didn't think of that because only the device channels were not working but I could easily access SharePoint using the external web url...Still, I decided to add the AAM entry and now it's working like a charm... I've posted the fix to my own site here too.  

    Thanks for your help :).

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.