The following are new capabilities we recently introduced and are applicable to all CloudShare products. We will be happy to hear your feedback and additional feature requests by writing to us in our Feature Requests Forum.
Default Settings per User in Remote Access Page
CloudShare provides you with a Remote Access page to enable you to connect to your CloudShare Environments and VM’s.
We know that every user uses a different client machine and method to remotely connect to the CloudShare virtual machines. As a result, each of you may have your own preferences on how to view your machines (such as resolution and color depth).
Until now, you had to adjust your remote access settings in each and every connection. But now, we allow you to save your own default settings based on your preferences for the remote connection. These settings will be saved and the default that will be loaded each and every time you connect to your machines.
Here’s how to view and set your Remote Access Default Settings:
- In the Remote Access Page left pane, click on ‘Default Settings’ (you may need to open the left pane if it is closed)
- The ‘Default Settings’ section will be expanded and your settings can be viewed
- Change any of the settings you wish according to your preference and click on ‘Set as default’. Changes will take affect on page reload or on the next time the Remote Access page is opened.
- In order to revert back to the system default recommended settings, click on ‘Load Defaults’
- Each setting has it’s own default setting recommended which is recommended by CloudShare and marked as (Recommended)
- Regardless of your or the system’s default settings, you can always change the settings of the current remote connection via the toolbar at the top right. These changes apply immediately to the current connection but are not saved beyond it.
Immediate Remote Desktop Connection (RDP File Download)
You are now able to download our external RDP file per VM, directly from the Environment view page allowing you to have easier and faster access into your virtual machine.
- In the Environment View page --> VMs List section, click on the ‘RDP file’ option
- You will be prompted by your browser to Open or Save the file.
- If you choose ‘Open’, you will immediately be prompted to enter the VM credentials information.
- If you choose to ‘Save’ to your local machine, you can easily connect to your VM at any time by running the saved RDP file without the need to login to CloudShare.