Machine is missing essential components (VMware)
You may receive this notification if any of the virtual machines in your environment are missing the core virtualization software required to make them accessible through CloudShare.
This error can also be flagged as Misconfigured Users.
This error will prevent Password Customization, Cloud Folders, Sharing & Collaborating and Snapshots from working properly.
As we continue to add various features, other tasks may become unavailable as well when you receive this error.
To resolve the notification
If you are unable to view the machine in RDP mode, you can often switch to the Console view and regain access to it. At this point you may see that Windows has entered boot recovery.
- Select the option to ‘Repair your computer’ or ‘Start Windows Normally’ to manually force the machine to reboot.
- Allow the machine to reboot (in this situation, this may take more than 10 minutes).
- Log into Windows, allow all services to start then close any open applications that may run at boot.
- Ensure that the network icon is showing as connected: which indicates VMware Tools has re-initialized itself.
- You should then be able to switch back to the RDP view.
You will need to connect to your VM in Console (CON) mode and install a virtual optical drive such as MagicISO to mount the ISO. If using a Linux machine, the commands to install are:
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
cd /tmp/ ; tar xzvf /mnt/cdrom/VM*
Answer all install questions with the default and hit 'Enter' all the way through.
If you are unable to regain access to the virtual machine or manually install VMware tools, please contact Support.